Hellooooo kiddies!! I have returned! Yes, I know, I cannot be trusted... I am not a committed blogger. I let things like work and my personal life get in the way of sharing my musings with you. But alas, I do not forget you. Will you extend grace? Just for you, I have compiled a timeline of what I've been up to since you heard from me last. Perhaps this will help you forgive my silence and the blatant Chandlerism above. :)
Dec. 2005
Started new job
Jan. 2006
After one month at new job, one day of looking, and one week of praying/thinking, signed the contract on a townhouse
Jan.-Apr.—Watched house being built (and dealt with everything that goes along with that)
Feb. 2006
Three top pastors resigned from my church home of 8 years
Apr. 2006
Went on first job field trip (Printing plant, Versailles, KY)
Went on first job training trip (Editing Course at University of Chicago)
Closed on house and moved (Did I mention it was across town?)
May 2006
Settled into house and new neighborhood (closer to friends from church/community group)
June 2006
June-July—Had some random vandalism in new neighborhood (gunshot through neighbor’s car windows, car blown up in the cul-de-sac), and as a result, met lots of my new neighbors
June-Aug.—Realized my love of gardening (and therapeutic benefits)
July 2006
Had housewarming party
Aug. 2006
Community group dissolved when leaders went to another church
Started more regularly attending another church (across town :( )
Little sister moved to New York for an internship with an apparel designer (see link at right)
Said goodbye to our family’s pet schnauzer, Lulu (Mom’s baby, put to sleep after long battle with Cushings disease)
Oct. 2006
First trip to New York with Mom to visit sister (who stayed in the city since she got a full-time position with the designer)
Celebrated good girlfriend’s wedding
Started hiking daily with neighbor and her dog
Nov. 2006
Fostered two kittens for three weeks
Dec. 2006
Celebrated another good girlfriend’s wedding
Jan. 2007
Said goodbye to another family dog, Angel (accident with the UPS truck)
Feb. 2007
First snow in new house
Scattered in there:
Went on lots of dates (a nice change from previous years), including some of the most fun dates I’ve ever been on (Art galleries, good films, hiking, Scrabble, dancing, and ethnic food, need I say more?)
Multiple wedding showers for the friends getting married
Started helping out with a start-up worship service, singing/playing guitar/leading worship
Started keeping the nursery at new church
3 comments:
Hey Lamar! Congratulations!! What a difference 15 months make, huh? :) Thank you for your faithful checking in and hope in me. Can't wait to hear details.
Woohoo! The return of the Loquacious D!
Good to see you back in the blog saddle. Hope the respit did you good.
As for me, well, not a whole heckuva lot has changed in 15 months. Somebody around here has to stay the same, right?
I am not a committed blogger anymore these days, either!!!
I am so glad I'm not the only guilty party. :)
Like keeping up with you when you do blog, however!
Blessings to you, friend!
Post a Comment