"Every happening, great or small, is a parable whereby God speaks to us, and the art of life is to get the message."
I found this quote by Malcolm Muggeridge the other day. It pretty much sums up why I feel compelled to write, need to write, and why I should share my writing with others. For whatever reason, ever since I was young, I've looked at life situations and asked, "What is God trying to tell me in this?" I don't think I'm particularly special in this (thus my love-hate relationship with discipline in my writing), but I've also learned that not everyone has this gene—the one that helps them grasp the concept of God speaking to us in "every happening."
So, I believe some of us have received this gift in order to share all of the aspects of the art of life: the parables, the existence of the art itself, and the messages. We often forget that we were created this way for a reason... we often take for granted that we see things that other people don't see... and we are often selfish for not sharing.
I preach to myself as well as to you if you are someone who gets the messages. Let us not neglect sharing the art of life with others.
No comments:
Post a Comment