I created this treat when I was cutting out dairy and most sugar from my diet. Ice cream has always been a weakness, so I needed something to satisfy that craving. This "smoothie" has the good fats of the coconut milk and antioxidants in the chocolate and dark cherries. It's creamy and sweet and only cheats a little bit. You could always substitute the chocolate chips with your choice of sweetener (agave nectar, stevia, etc.) and more cocoa powder if you really want to avoid sugar.
Make it for yourself or share with your sweetheart this week and feel the love!
Sweetheart Smoothie
(Amounts are approximate. Adjust according to number of servings and taste.)
1.5 cups organic coconut milk (canned, full fat)
1 cup frozen dark cherries
.25 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1 tsp. dark cocoa powder
Splash of vanilla extract
Splash of almond extract
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add ice if needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment