Confession: Maybe it's the engineer's daughter in me, but I'm fascinated with the robotic arm waste management trucks. I sneak a peek out my bedroom window each Thursday morning, just to see the truck make its way up the street, the robotic arm swinging trash cans up and over, up and over. Today, I discovered that the driver can widen the claw to encase two trash cans at once! Genius!
I also like to think that the man controlling the arm takes pride in his job... that he feels a sense of accomplishment each day as he expertly maneuvers the machine and thus rids hundreds, maybe thousands of people of their bothersome trash. Yes indeed... a noble profession.
I silently thank him every Thursday.
2 comments:
The whole "not a committed blogger" thing from the Feb 21 post?
Understatement of the year.
heh. just kidding. hope you're doing good, kid.
I also wonder at the robotic arm. I'd never seen it in action until I started staying home with Jake. I love to look out our big picture window in the livingroom as the garbage truck goes from house to house.
A few days ago my mom stopped by and I told her about all the little things in life that I missed out on when I was working fulltime--like watching neighbors plant flowers, watching all the landscaping companies mow neighbors' lawns, watching the birds dig for worms in my front yard, and so on. Then I mentioned the garbage truck and the robotic arm and how fascinating I thought it was, and she looked at me like I had lost my mind.
I'm so glad I have a friend who wonders at the simple things in life.
Post a Comment