Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Go-ti-YAY!

If, by chance, my gushy post the other day about Pearl and the Beard made you want to get to know them better, you can find their videos on YouTube, lots of their music streaming on their site, and you can sign up for their newsletter. Their newsletter will get you little goodies like this Audiotree Live interview they did back in February ... complete with live songs and fun inside scoop. (Oh yeah, and it goes without saying ... buy their stuff! Support amazing artists who are sharing so much love!)

That's where I heard about Gotye, the Belgian-Aussie artist whose album Making Mirrors I have on nonstop repeat right now. You might have heard him on Saturday Night Live last week or the radio lately. His stuff is singable, danceable, driveable, and in headphones, you hear lots of the little layers (refractions?) that give his songs depth and heft. But the album is not without its quiet moments too, which I love. It covers all the bases: happy, sad, mourning, hopeful, angry, joyful. All-around satisfying ear candy!


No comments: