Well, true to form, God came through for me with a job. And not just any job, but one that is in many ways a better fit for me. As it turns out, I was hired to be an editor at the only place I interviewed during my brief 2.5 months of unemployment. It was the first place friends and family recommended I look for a job. I just “happened” to know five people who already worked there. I could count out all the coincidences and connections I already had with this organization, but suffice it to say, it was a God thing and made total sense for me to work with them.
I honestly don’t know how God could have made it any easier---He assured me over and over that He had my back (years of it, and I finally believed in the heat of the moment), the hiring process was quick and smooth, and my start date conveniently fell right when I was finishing up some freelance work and about to have to dig into my savings.
Oh, did I mention I had a steady stream of freelance work, which when combined with my severance, not only allowed me to break even, but actually make money while I was unemployed? Without the government’s help?
We serve a mighty God.
It’s hard to believe that that sad December day is six months in the past. Those two months of wavering between the bliss of freedom and the anxiety of the unknown seem like a distant dream. I went from days of sleeping in and making my own schedule to the strict schedule of office life again. To a commute and outfits that match and coffee-before-I-can-think-clearly-let-alone-edit-anything.
I don’t want to mislead anyone by making it sound like my transition from one job to the next was a complete breeze. It wasn’t. But not because I had to get used to a new schedule or new people and surroundings or all the paperwork that goes with a new position and company. All of that came oddly naturally to me. Ironically, I’ve had to adjust to the fact that the lines have fallen in pleasant places…
To be continued…
2 comments:
Congratulations yet again, D! Thanks for sharing your stories. They are an encouragement and reminder of God's character and faithfulness.
You left me hanging!! All I know is that I'm SO GLAD you joined our team. It's neat to watch how God works, and I believe we (the Content Team) are blessed that you came along when you did.
Post a Comment