You know those days that you just want to cross off the calendar, the ones that can’t end soon enough? Today would be one of those days. Yes, I haven’t written on here in forever and I’m returning with a gripe session. This week is just an irritable week. Normally I can have a decent amount of grace and patience for people (and myself) screwing up. But this week is not normally. People have messed up stuff at work and I’ve wanted to smack them. The icing on the cake was me getting a speeding ticket today when I drove something to our corporate office—a manuscript that needed to get there early, but our mail guy was being extremely slow. Tell me this—how can you go 30 mph while accelerating up a hill? In a sport-charged V6 engine?
Yeah.
So I’m going to put loud rock music on my headphones and spend the afternoon purging my inbox of unwanted e-mails, taking great satisfaction in hitting the delete button. Because that’s all I can do right now.
But tonight, and tomorrow, and the next day, I will watch a funny movie, take a bubble bath, have breakfast with a friend, hold her adorable baby, take a brisk walk in the sunshine, read more of this great book, and probably clean something. Because the next two days are mine. Task list, you cannot taunt me. E-mail, I will evade you. Work, I will forget you. If only for two days.
As for the ticket, I’m going to consider traffic school my community service for the month and the fee my personal donation to the hardworking police officers of our great city. Hey, they come running when bullets are flying in my neighborhood—it’s the least I can do to give them $100, right?
Next week will be better, I’m sure.
1 comment:
So, you've gotten a taste for the V6? My wife has an inline-4 cylinder car, but she loves to drive my sporty, inline-6 and she doesn't mind using the power either. Anyway, it was nice to hear from you.
Post a Comment